Monday, April 5, 2010

Life Has Its Little Ups And Downs

And I guess it always will. If it didn’t I suppose you’d be dead and wouldn’t have to worry about it anymore! Saturday DD and the three DGKs came over. I had hoped they’d make it early but it was after 5. I think this is the first time they have ever come over to spend the night except for a holiday. I wish it would happen more often. The kids make me smile. Sometimes they are the only thing that can make me smile. Their sweetness and innocence and unconditional love are refreshing. And their honesty is so genuine. Not to say they can’t come up with some tall tales! But they aren’t lies like grownups tell but products of their glowing imaginations. The stories and the make believe, the obsessions with dinosaurs and baby dolls and little action figures are all being knitted together to form the fabric of their personalities. It’s going to be interesting to see what comes out.

We had a great comfort food dinner, finally, pretty late that evening. At least the kids enjoyed it. Roast, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and macaroni and cheese. And more gravy! The gravy seemed to be a hit. Kids after my own heart! But eating so late seemed to give them a second burst of energy! It was wild for two or three more hours! Junior, the five month Rottweiler puppy doesn’t quite know how to take them. He likes them, you can tell. But he wants to play and he’s big and doesn’t know it and can get a little rough for them. He loves to snatch their things and have them run after him yelling No! Junior! Stop! He snitched a ‘pacifur’ and instead of tearing it up like we expected him to try to do he just sat with it in his mouth like he’d seen baby girl do. It was hilarious! But he wouldn’t stay still long enough for a picture. I guess he was afraid it might spoil his bad dog image!

Sunday after a few hours of getting rounded up, feeding the chickens, gathering the eggs, donuts, coffee (1/4 coffee, ¾ steamed milk with Splenda), bacon and sausage, (the sausage was hot and it was funny to hear the middle one explain that it had ‘cheelay’!), we headed to their house with food and Easter eggs and had a great time. Barbeque, relaxing, family, egg hunts, playing…a good day.

Knitting…I had to take out about 2 ½ inches of my Landscape scarf. It was sad! The marker slipped through a YO and instead of counting like I usually do I trusted the markers. So the holes were off one stitch. Would anyone notice? Probably not. But I did! So ripped it was.



And the Knit a year project is still going. Saturday had some ups and downs. Just stuff. So I picked a bumpy yarn. I think it might be LB Homespun. It has some beige and some green, and pink to remind me I can’t always be looking through my rose colored glasses! Sunday I found a variegated sock yarn that was Easter colors. Happy and egg memories.


And I’ll keep in mind...

Life has its little ups and downs, like ponies on a merry-go-round. And no one grabs the brass ring every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment